Effective March 25, 2011
1. Information We Collect and Use
MinorMonitor obtains information about you in a number of different ways, including:
Personally Identifiable Information
You must provide certain personally identifying information to us as part of the registration process in order to receive the services defined in MinorMonitor’s Terms of Service. We will not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent.
- Registration Information. When you register at our website, you will be required to provide certain personally identifying information including but not limiting to your name, email address, phone number, country, the name and email address of the child you added to your account, and a password. Like other passwords, you should chose a strong password, one known only by you.
- Information from Social Networks. If you connect to the child’s account on a social network (including but not limited to Facebook) via our service, we will access and store the information about your child explicitly allowed for by the social network in their Terms of Service once you explicitly allow us to do so through an interface provided by the social network. We use the information from the social networks to provide reports and email notifications defined in our Terms of Service. As we do not have control over the user interface provided by social network platforms, we do not accept any responsibility for any changes or problems with the interface or exchange of information provided by any of these social networks.
- Third Party Information. We supplement your child’s personally identifiable information collected on the site with information from other sources. In addition, when you register at a third party website, and provide personally identifying information to such third parties, we may (pursuant to agreements between MinorMonitor and those third parties) obtain such information to populate our registration forms for use when you hyperlink to our website.
- Customer Service: We may collect information through the MinorMonitor website to, among other things, accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
- Email Information. When you send us email messages, we may retain the content of your email, together with your email address and our response to you to, among other things, accurately categorize, respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Services to our Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your geography, educational background, age and sex of minor) for greater customization of your user experience. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. MinorMonitor does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the MinorMonitor website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave MinorMonitor. MinorMonitor also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, mobile device operating system (if you are accessing MinorMonitor using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We use this information to analyze overall trends to help improve the service. The linkage between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 2, below.
Links to Other Websites
The MinorMonitor.com website contains links to other websites, including those to third party referral websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those other websites.
We occasionally conduct consumer surveys to learn about your views on our products. We use the survey data for research and to improve our services. We may share the aggregate survey results with the media and our partners. We never share any survey information about a specific response unless that individual consents in advance.
2. Information We Share
We may provide your personally identifying information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as web site analytics or offering customer service. These third parties are authorized to use your personally identifying information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personally identifying information.
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets
3. Opt-Out From MinorMonitor’s Communications
If you register at the website, you may receive marketing communications from our affiliates, or us including but not limiting to a welcome email, alerts and notification emails. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may update your preference by following the instructions in those communications. Regardless of any such notice from you, we may still contact you about services for which you have registered.
MinorMonitor is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ advanced administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will disclose any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on the minormonitor.com website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your MinorMonitor account relies on the security of your password. You are solely responsible for the security of your password and for all activities that occur under your account. Do not share your MinorMonitor password with anyone. MinorMonitor will only ask you for sensitive information through our website. We will never ask you to send your password or other private information to us via e-mail. Any communication or e-mail requesting your password or any sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with https://www.minormonitor.com should be treated as unauthorized and should be reported to MinorMonitor immediately by sending email to: email@example.com.
If you suspect an unauthorized user has gained access to your password, please log into your account and change it immediately by going to your profile settings. If you suspect that your account has already been breached, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Customer Testimonials, Comments and Reviews
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
Our service is not intended for children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, the parent or guardian should contact us by email at: email@example.com.
7. How to contact us
6500 River Place Boulevard, Bldg 2 Suite 450
Austin, TX 78730