Updated: March 31, 2011
Your MinorMonitor Account
To receive the Service at the MinorMonitor Site, you must first register with us by providing fully accurate personal information as we may reasonably require, including without limitation your name and email address; you agree to keep all the personal information updated and correct. Upon your registration to us, you become eligible to receive the service you have selected. After registering with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and for restricting access to your computer. Moreover, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur in your account. In the event that any of the information that you provide is determined to be inaccurate or not up-to-date, we reserve the right to immediately cancel your Service.
Users of MinorMonitor must truthfully and accurately represent their identities in subscribing and utilizing our Services. Any subscriber to our Services must be the same person with parental responsibility for which our Service is intended, or the subscriber must otherwise indicate and verify with MinorMonitor the Named Person’s (i.e., beneficiary’s) consent to a third party subscription. You represent and warrant that you are truthfully representing your identity, and agree to release and hold harmless MinorMonitor for any loss or damage to you resulting from a false or inaccurate representation of identity. Further, you agree to indemnify MinorMonitor against any loss or damage caused to MinorMonitor resulting from fraudulent or malicious representations of identity made by you to MinorMonitor.
In connection with the Services, MinorMonitor may collect additional information about you (for example, known usernames, addresses, geographical locations, etc.). You represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with MinorMonitor Services is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge. The ability of MinorMonitor to locate Internet content concerning a Customer is limited by the quality of information provided. You agree to release and hold harmless MinorMonitor from any loss or damage caused to you resulting from inaccurate or false representations of information. Further, you agree to indemnify MinorMonitor against any loss or damage caused to MinorMonitor resulting from fraudulent or malicious representations of information made to MinorMonitor.
In subscribing to the Service, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years of age and the parent or legal guardian of the minor for which monitoring services are subscribed.
Third Party Links
The Site may provide links to third party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that MinorMonitor is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of, and MinorMonitor does not endorse such websites or resources or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You agree to use MinorMonitor and its systems for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use your account to:
- Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through our Site or to manipulate your presence on our Site;
- Use any automated means, including without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, copy or harvest data from any part of our Site;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or disrupts the functioning of our systems or services;
- Take any action that damages or disrupts the functioning of our systems or services.
- Sign up for more than one User account, sign up for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself,
- Solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our systems or authentication measures
- Access or attempt to access data or systems not intended and/or authorized for such user
- Disclose or share your password with third parties; and
- Attempt to decipher, recompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way a part of the website.
We may provide automatic service alerts and account-related alerts. Automatic service alerts may be sent to you. You can modify your communication preference at any time. Account–related alerts are sent to you as part of MinorMonitor’s service. Alerts will be sent to the email address you have provided as your primary email address. If your email address changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change by changing your email address in the user settings. Anyone with access to your email will be able to view the content of these alerts. At any time you may disable future alerts.
Our site may provide a community where you can communicate with other visitors and with us. By participating in the community, you agree to comply with the following rules:
- Your User-Provided Content intended for display on the Site will not include any content that is illegal, indecent, profane (including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language), threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious to third parties; and that it will not consist of or contain software viruses or other malicious threats, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam”.
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your User-Provided Content.
- You may not submit User-Provided Content that infringes in any manner on the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or that contains any confidential or proprietary information of any person or entity, or that otherwise violates the legal rights of any person or entity.
- By submitting content to us, you represent that you have all necessary rights to provide such content and hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, and perform all or any portion of the content in connection with MinorMonitor and our business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
LIABILITY AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. MINORMONITOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL MINORMONITOR BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY PARTY YOU REGISTER FOR SERVICES OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER AND WHEREVER ARISING, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC OR SOCIAL ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE PARTY FROM WHICH DAMAGES ARE BEING SOUGHT OR SUCH PARTY’S LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF MINORMONITOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR REGARDING SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO ANY SUCH LIABILITY. Some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations of damages so the foregoing may not apply to you.
If you believe that your work has been copied by us or by any third party on our site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us with the details of such use to info@MinorMonitor.com.
YOUR INDEMNIFICATION OF MINORMONITOR
GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM FOR DISPUTES